I would like to share some tips with you to integrate social media into your WordPress website. Social media is important to drive people to your website and there are some great plugins that make it easy. Social media is a marketing requirement. Social media grows your visibility and increases your search engine ranking. Making it easy for your customers to connect with you on social media will encourage them to share about your business with their networks. Taking your posts or videos viral is possible if you integrate social media into your WordPress website.
Why should you integrate social media into your website?
Many customers now expect to be able to connect with a business on social media.
If social media is not part of your marketing plan then it should be. Your customers are on social media searching for what you have to offer and it must be easy for them to find you. Some of the benefits you can provide to your customers through social media are:
- Customer service – Customers are now using social media to obtain customer service.
- Show your customers who you are – Let your customers get to know you on a more personal level.
- Educate your customers – Teach your customers about the benefits of the products or services your business offers.
Plugins to use to integrate social media into your website
Plugins can be used to easily integrate social media into your website and add capabilities. There are many WordPress plugins designed to make it easy for your customers to share your content. WordPress plugins can do some amazing things. A few of the WordPress plugins to consider integrating into your website are:
- Digg Digg – Digg Digg allows you to have one social sharing plug in for your blog. With Digg Digg you can add a floating toolbar with buttons allowing your website visitors to share your posts.
- Tweet Old Post – Tweet Old Post is a plugin designed to tweet your older posts to get more traffic. It helps promote your content and keeps your old posts alive.
- YouTube Upload Plugin – The YouTube Upload Plugin allows you to easily add videos to your website and harness the social media power of YouTube.
- Social – Social automatically broadcast posts to Twitter and/or Facebook. Social also aggregates the various mentions, re-tweets, @replies, comments and responses and republish them as WordPress comments.
What to do after you integrate social media into your WordPress website
After you integrate social media into your WordPress website it is important to take steps to make your social media sites successful. Integrating social media into your site means you must now engage with your target customers and monitory your social media outlets. Doing this on a regular basis is important to growing your visibility and building relationships with your target customers. When you give your customers the option of using social media to engage with you, they will use it!
Remember that it is essential when monitoring your social media that you do it consistently because it helps you determine your ROI (return on investment). When customers share with you on social media, their expectation is that you will respond in a timely manner. You can learn more about using social media to manage customer service on the MarketPlace.org website in an interview with Kim Beasley. Be sure that you or someone on your behalf is monitoring your social media outlets and engaging with your customers.